Church Reopening Update
As of May 27, 2020 all places of Worship are allowed to resume “in person” services this Sunday, May 31, 2020. There are both restrictions and requirements on how to meet and maintain a healthy and safe environment. Gary Johnson attended a meeting on Wednesday, May 27th led by Mariposa County Health officials detailing guidelines to reopening our services. The Elder’s met via Zoom Tuesday evening in anticipation of the relaxing of these restrictions. Below I have listed specific requirements we will implement beginning this Sunday. These requirements may change as we move forward and circumstances change.
- Each person will be “Medically Screened” before entering the building. Adults will be asked to answer for themselves and parents can answer on behalf of their children.
- The questions are:
- Have you been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19?
- Temperature greater than 100.4?
- If No thermometer: Are you feeling feverish?
- Are you having chills?
- Do you have a new or worsening cough?
- Do you have new or worsening shortness of breath?
- Please sit in Family Groups with social distancing separating you from other family groups. Every other pew will be blocked off to help accommodate this requirement.
- Masks and/or gloves may be worn but are NOT required.
- Please respect other peoples comfort level when interacting with them. Hugs and handshaking are discouraged.
- An usher will be in the foyer with a bag to receive your giving following the service.
- You are welcome to sing and worship.
- Communion may be delayed until “single serve wrapped elements” are available. They were ordered in late March but should be here soon.
- Wash your hands often, sanitize often, use sanitizing wipes on any common surfaces.
- Donuts and coffee will not be available until health conditions improve.
We look forward to seeing all of you again.If you feel uncomfortable in attending services at this time please continue to worship with us on our YouTube channel at Grace Community Church of the Sierra or our website at www.GraceChurchMariposa.org.